Around nine million people in the UK complete a self assessment personal tax return each year, a process that can be complex and time-consuming.
Getting to grips with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) requirements and ongoing changes to tax legislation – with the risk of falling foul of a tough penalty regime for failing to return tax returns on time or correctly – means that it’s a wise move to work with tax professionals.
Whether you are a private client, a sole trader, a partner in a business or a company director, Holeys’ tax team can save you time and worry by handling your self assessment for you.
When you use our cost-effective service, we will do the necessary computations for you, complete your return – ensuring that it is filed on time – and offer advice on how you can minimise your tax liability, through making full use of all the reliefs and allowances to which you are entitled.
In making sure that we provide you with cost-effective tax planning advice, we can also explore a comprehensive range of tax issues, including:
- tax-efficient remuneration
- capital gains tax planning to maximise use of reliefs
- advice on pension planning and planning for your retirement
- inheritance tax and estate planning
- by acting as your agent, we can ensure that any queries and all correspondence with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) are properly dealt with on your behalf.
Although we are not an authorised firm under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, in certain circumstances we can offer a limited range of investment-related services to clients if these are incidental, complementary to or arise out of other professional services we are providing. For example:
- we can advise on the tax consequences of a particular investment
- we cannot advise about a specific investment product but can give general investment advice.
We also know several local financial advisors who have worked with our clients and can recommend a choice of advisers regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
For more information about our accountancy, tax and business advisory services, or to arrange an initial free meeting, please contact us.